Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This only took 9 months!

Okay!! Here I am. I have been convinced to join the blogging world...it only took 9 months! I have actually had this blog set up since we found out I was pregnant and orginally I was going to announce my pregnancy via blog, but i never got around to it!! So 9 months later with  a little boy brewing in my stomach....here I am!!! We will see how long it lasts!

I just finished packing Jacksons bag for the hospital. Isn't that weird! I dont even know what to bring; I mean I havent even met him yet, how am I suppose to know what outfits look best on him; so I will just bring all the new born outfits that I have! I thought I had allot but when I went to pack, I really dont. Most of the outfits you get at showers are 3 months. (FYI: if you need to buy for a new baby, buy them some newborn outfits!) Hey, I always buy 3 month too but I just learned something myself!

So, just a little update from my 36 week dr. visit....I'm 50% effaced and 1cm dilated....Whats that mean? You got me; I just know that I'm 9cm away from meeting my little boy! How long could that take? We will see, but I swear I feel different every since finding that out! Justin thinks I'm crazy and imaging things. But, if I had to guess I really think he will come in about 2 weeks...I'm going to guess July 31 (due date is August 9)...but if I'm anything like my sister then he will take his time coming!

Then I go down to have an ultrasound that I had to beg my dr for. I mean, why can't I just get an ultrasound when I want one; who cares about insurance! But, i smiled and made him feel sorry for me that I was pregnant in July and he directed me where to go! I just love him....I really do! Jackson is on his way to being a big boy. He weighed in at 6 pounds 7 oz (with the expectations of gaining 1 oz every day until he arrives) Ok, do the math. We are looking at an 8-9 pound baby! Now, thats not exact...its just an estimate on how much he weighs....Thats the 70th percentile! We havent seen the dr since we found that out so we will see what he says about that next Monday!

Thats my Jackson update!

People keep asking for pictures of the nursery, so I promise I will have Justin upload those for me soon...Thats his job; I have not the slightest clue on how to do that without making my computer freeze....Ugh, computers!

I'm liking this whole blog thing already...You get to just write whatever comes to your mind...This could be fun!!!!

I always get excited to read someones blog that has written allot; I just "previewed" what I wrote and this is a big post! Hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Welcome to the blogging world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Now I just can't wait to check back and see pics of Jackson...he's going to be here SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete