Friday, August 13, 2010

Our new life!

Sorry for the delay in posting! This past week has been crazy! Here's a recap!

On August 5, 2010, Justin and I arrived at The Women's Hospital of Texas at 4:30am! We were both so excited to be there but terrified at the same time. I can't even tell you what we talked about on our way there. There were some tears, hand holding and laughs as we enjoyed our last car ride as a family of two!

This is us before going to the hospital that morning


I checked in and then got hooked up to an IV to monitor Jackson and myself. I was in such shock that I was finally in the hospital about to welcome Jackson into this world. I kept saying, "I can't believe we are here"! Moments before we heading into the operating room to receive the epidural we enjoyed a few short minutes with our families.



I head into the OR by myself....(fyi, husbands aren't allowed in there when you receive the epidural) I was terrified, but let me just say that an epidural is amazing! Almost instantly does your entire bottom half become numb. I'm still wondering how only the bottom half gets numb...its like from mid stomach down. Although its a crazy feeling, I didn't really like losing control of my legs...I couldn't move them or feel absolutely anything. Moments later, Justin and Dr. Cone enter the room with there game face on!! That's when I got really excited and couldn't contain myself. I immediately started crying the second Dr. Cone started the c-section. Justin was up by me the whole time while the anesthesiologist was video taping the procedure! Yes, we have it on video and its awesome! Justin was too big of a wimp to take a sneak peak down there, although I probably wouldn't have either! Within minutes, I hear a high pitched scream/cry from my sweet baby boy and before I could even see him my face was filled with tears! There is nothing quite like hearing your baby cry for the first time.


On August 5, 2010 at 7:13a.m Jackson Barr Todd was welcomed into this world weighing in a 8 pounds 1 oz and 21.5 inches long!
these are my two favorite pictures!
And three days later, we leave as a family of 3!
I was very worried about having a c-section as you might notice from my previous posts. Let me just tell you that I worried for absolutely no reason. Now that its over and done, that was the easiest procedure ever! Yes, I know many people will say that "i didn't experience birth", or that I missed out on special bonding with my baby, but I did experience birth and I have a baby to prove it. People always think that a c-section is the easy way out, but I'm still recovering! Its an easy procedure but defiantly some healing when its done. I have some scars that are healing, but other than that, I'm out and about! I recovered better than I ever expected. I even went to Babies R Us on our second day home (and have been three times since then :)) I don't regret the decision to have a c-section one bit; in fact, I am very glad that I got to experience such thing! It doesn't matter how you deliver a baby, as long as it gets delivered healthy!

Our little boy is now a week old and such a joy to see growing! It was always annoying to me prior to having a baby when I would hear mom's say "oh, he looks so different, or he's getting so big", but I'm right there with them now! He looks so different to me and Justin. Wouldn't you agree?

One day old
One week old

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience! Jackson is a precious bundle of joy! Hold onto these memories......times flies by so fast! glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, I feel like Holt looks and feels different everyday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sarah!! I am so glad to hear everything went so well! He's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, he is precious!! I am so excited for your growing family, what a blessing!!!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete