Where has time gone?! Jackson is 11 weeks and I can hardly believe that my little newborn is no longer a newborn. He is so extra sweet these days. He laughs, smiles, eats and sleeps like it’s going out of style. Here is a sneak peak at our little pumpkin!
I went back to work this week and it’s bittersweet. People keep asking if it was hard and to be quite honest it has been wonderful! Don’t get me wrong, I would much rather be holding Jackson and changing diapers but going back to work really makes me realize just how much I love my job. I mean I get paid to socialize! I haven’t seen any of my doctors or nurses in 3 months and I really missed them. It’s so fun going to my offices and talking about my delivery and showing off just how precious Jackson is! Here is a picture of him and I after my first day back to work. I love this little boy more than words can explain.
I think about Jackson all day long and can’t wait to go home to him. So just exactly where does Jackson go during the day?! Well, my best friend Jeni has a 5 month old baby girl and we have hired a nanny that we are sharing and she is absolutely wonderful! I really hope and pray that it works out but sometimes I think that Jackson is too much for her to handle. He is such a great baby when it’s just me and him but I swear that she gets the worse of him. He is fussy in the late mornings so we started to give him formula at his first feeding to see if it makes a difference. It’s only been 3 days since we started that, but so far so good!
Speaking of feeding, I’m still pumping exclusively but we will see how long I last now that I’m back to work. It’s funny; people that don’t have kids say “just don’t pump during the day and wait until you get home”. If you have a baby you are probably laughing at what I just wrote. I did too!!! You can’t just wait…once you start pumping you can only go so long before it’s time to do it again… So yes, I was that weird girl in the top floor of the parking garage at The Woodlands Dermatology pumping in my car. Think about it, my car is my office so where else am I suppose to do it?!?! I hadn’t really thought about pumping prior to coming back to work. In fact after I left the parking garage I thought “crap, I don’t have a cooler to put the milk in”. So I went to Chick Fil A and got a large cup with ice and that worked! Really, do you expect me to bring an ice chest every day?!
This weekend we went to Austin for the Texas game. Yes, we know, it was a terrible game but it was still fun to get away. We drove up Friday night while Jackson stayed behind at Grandma/Grandpa Todd’s (haven’t figured out names for them yet) Are you impressed that we left him for the night?! It was a nice break, although I wanted him in my arms the whole time we were gone. We got to play and catch up with John, Amy and Owen. It was so sweet, when Owen woke up on Saturday she looked at me and said “Baby Jackson, where is Baby Jackson”! How awesome is that!!! She loves her cousin. We started the morning off early with mimosas at the tailgate!
Look at Owen with her horns up!
Is that not the most beautiful mother and daughter ever?!
She's all decked out in her UT gear!
Oh, the house! I was about to end this post then I realized I hadn’t written an update on our new home. They finally broke ground and the foundation is laid! That means we are one step closer….yes, we have lots more steps but the fact that they have done something is promising. Living at my parents has been great, minus the fact that we haven’t had a kitchen since we moved in. My parents are remodeling their kitchen and decided to start the week we moved in...Reasoning behind that is that it needs to be done before the annual Biegel Christmas Party. It’s moving right along and should be done by the end of next week. I will post pictures once it’s complete because it’s going to be gorgeous!!! It looks awesome and they are only half way done. We haven’t had a kitchen sink, dishwasher, stove or oven in 2 weeks. Ouch! That means yes, we have eaten take out every night….Let’s see, pizza, Pei Wei, Lupe Tortilla, BBQ, pasta…I wonder if my jeans still fit?
Oh, and I have to share this picture of Jackson wearing his first pair of monogrammed boxers! Thanks Aunt Amy and Uncle John!
We will talk to you soon. Thanks for reading!!


so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting so much fun information! Your little one is absolutely adorable and we love Owen's UT outfit--what fun! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, those boxers are so cute! And so was Owen's UT outfit! Precious! I laughed too about the comment "just pump when you get home." Ahh, if only it were that easy! I'll be in the same boat come January.
ReplyDeleteAwww... That was sweet Aunt Sarah. Thank you, you are far too kind.
ReplyDeleteOwen is still talking about y'all and Baby Jackson. (and he is still sleeping)