Monday, December 20, 2010

Fussy J...

What a fun weekend! Jackson and I went on a fun walk and he LOVED every bit of it! He is such a different baby when we take him outside. He is so curious and loves looking at new things. On Saturday, Justin and I had a much need date night! We went to Kenzo Sushi in our new neighborhood in La Centerra! It was so fun and so delicious. We felt like we were “in town” but yet we were so close to home. I love La Centerra and can’t wait to see the new addition to it with great stores and restaurants. I haven’t had sushi since I found out I was pregnant and oh had I missed it! Grandma and Grandpa stayed behind to watch our little buddy.


So, I haven’t written much about this because we are trying to figure him out. Remember when I wrote about Jackson being fussy? Well, he is still fussy. Extremely fussy to be exact. He cries when he’s eating, cries when he’s not, cries when he has a dirty diaper, cries when it’s clean….do you get my drift? He has a crying issue and we can’t figure it out! I have taken him to the doctor on 3 different occasions because I just don’t know what to do!! We have narrowed it down to being either 2 things: severe acid reflux or a milk allergy. When he was really young he had this same issue but we just diagnosed it as colic. Well, now that he is 4 ½ months old the colic should be gone but it’s not! We have tried EVERY formula and nothing is helping...So, now we have put him exclusively on a hyperallergic formula (Neutramigen). Its not milk based or soy based so we will see if it helps. It’s gross, expensive and smells like dog food (for real), but I will do anything for Jackson to be a happy baby. We are also trying Prevacid for acid reflux. I’ve always been on the fence about giving an infant medicine but I guarantee if you were experiencing the frustration that we are…you would do it to.

It’s hard and I cry almost daily, but we are going to get through this. It’s so frustrating and exhausting to watch my sweet little Jackson cry for a reason that we can’t figure out. Don’t get me wrong there are times when he is very happy (see pictures below), and there are times when we cry together. I will say that we have seen a little difference since we started the new formula and medicine just a week ago. Of course it’s not the difference we have prayed for but I’m crossing my fingers that Santa answers our prayers for Christmas this year. Some days are good but the bad days definitely outweigh the good. On a happy note, I am still pumping and I’m just freezing everything I get…hoping that he really doesn’t have a milk allergy and I can give him my milk soon. Please pray for our precious little boy! He was being extra sweet on Saturday and you know I have to get the camera out when he’s all smiles  I just can’t resist his beautiful face….even when it’s covered in tears.








Oh, last thing! We close on our new house on the 29th. Can you believe just 3 shorts months ago they started building! We have our "final" walk through tomorrow. We are so excited! Pictures to follow!

3 comments:

  1. Omg, hang in there. I swear Hudson was the same way. It was so hard. He screamed, not cried. He had reflux so bad that the only thing that made it better was drinking, but drinking milk is what caused the reflux so it was a double edge sword. It sucks. I had to try 3 different meds before we got the right combo that made him not hurt anymore. I really hope you just have reflux issues too, because I promise it gets better. You are a good mom, and Baby J is lucky to have a mommy that cares so much about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sarah I had no idea yall were having this problem! I'm sure it will all be better soon and you are a WONDERFUL mother so just hang in there! "This too shall pass..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. jackson
    we loved babysitting you on saturday night while your mom and dad had a date night.
    lucky for us, we got to see lots of your precious smiles.

    ReplyDelete