Friday, September 23, 2011

Ear Tubes

My sweet little Jackson had to get tubes put in his ears this morning....This momma was way more concerned and nervous than I ever needed to be. This has got to be one of the easiest and best surgeries for any child. It took all of about 6 minutes. My mom and I sat in the lobby and as I finished flipping through a magazine the dr. walked out. It was literally that fast that I thought something actually went wrong or that they couldn't do the procedure for some reason. Within 10 minutes I got to see my little angel. He was full of tears and whaling like I have never heard. We had to stay in recovery for 30 minutes and by the time we got home he was acting completely normal. Within 5 minutes of being at Weeb's house, every toy known to man was scattered throughout her house. Yep, it was that easy! I hope he never has to be "put under" again. I didn't like seeing him have no control of his head and his eyes rolling back. The worse part of the whole thing was waking up from the surgery. He had no clue who that stranger was holding him and just wanted his momma (that's what I think at least). But it was short lived and hopefully he is pain free from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment