Well, I just realized that I haven't blogged in quite some time! Where have I been and what have I been doing? Hmm....there is so much going on....I forgot to mention in the last post that we decided to put our house on the market. Yea, you are probably thinking that I'm crazy to be doing that with a newborn but its just time to get out of this area. I love the area we live in and especially love my house. The area is a bit still in transition so its really not suitable for a baby. Poor lil Jackson has never ever been on a stroll....its just still too sketchy to take the chance (plus its too hot out!). There are allot of weirdos out there that I just don't trust.
Anyways, we listed the house with all intentions that it would take at least 6 months to sell considering how much is for sale around us. Well, was I wrong! Within the first and a half week we had two people look at it and had our first offer! After going back and forth on the offer, we finally agreed on the price and are closing October 8! Yes, October 8th meaning 3 weeks!!! Eeek! I'm kinda sad....I really love my house and don't want to give up the location or house, but as I keep telling Justin, it's not about us anymore! To be quite honest, the offer came a little too fast for us. I'm not complaining because in this type of market there are people out there that have been trying to sell for months! So, where are we going?!?!
Never.thought.I.would.say.this.
We have decided to build a house in Katy....All you Katy people are thinking, "no, don't do it", or "haha, you got sucked in to going back to Katy"....and yes, I agree with you!!! But there just aren't any good suburbs in Houston besides Katy and The Woodlands. The Woodlands is great and all if you like Interstate 45! You couldn't buy my house for me to make me suffer the traffic on 45. Now that I-10 is fixed, Katy was our best bet. I made a deal with Justin that I would move to Katy only if we found areas that were non-existent from when I grew up. We finally agreed on a beautiful new section of Cinco Ranch called Cedar Heights....and oh, is it far from where I grew up in our little town of Katy....It literally takes 20 minutes from my parents :(. But, the second I drove through there and started looking at the beautiful homes, it really felt like I finally found a place I could call home! Anyways, we picked our lot (a nice corner, and the last lot I might add) and floor plan. Next up, picking all of our selections! We couldn't be more excited!
So, since it takes several months to build, you might ask where we are going?
Never.thought.I.would.say.this.
We are moving in with my parents....Geez!!! I feel like I'm fresh out of college! But, who would complain about dinner every night, a live in babysitter, and saving some money! (I'm only kidding mom on the babysitter!).
So much going on and its all happening way too fast! I have been going 90 miles a minute and I just realized that Jackson will be 7 weeks old this week. My sweet little boy isn't my little newborn anymore. He's already getting too big and growing too fast. He has started to smile (he is so stingy with them though). It really melts my heart when I get him to smile....He is just so precious to Justin and I!
Well, that's my update! I'm sure there will be lots more in the coming days, so I'll keep you posted! I need to get better about updating this thing! :)
4 years ago


I think that's awesome! Can't wait to see little Jackson growing up in your new house! You are officially a suburb mom! What fun! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou will be so glad you live in Katy with a baby :)
ReplyDelete