Thursday, September 2, 2010

One Month Old!

I can't believe its been one month since we welcomed Jackson into our lives! Where has time gone? I remember saying "there was no way I could ever be a stay at home mom". I said that probably a week after bringing Jackson home from the hospital. I would like to take those words back, because I would LOVE every second of staying home with him. I mean, this is hard work but at the same time its so easy. I have yet to have a day that we stay at the house. For some reason we have a list of errands to run everyday. I don't know where we go but we are out the door by 9:30 on most mornings, usually back to my house (or my mom's) by 12 to feed him, then out the door again to be back by 3:00 for more food! Its weird my ENTIRE day is based upon his meals and me pumping. I must say that I have myself a pretty great routine.

You are probably thinking that its pretty impressive to be out the door by 9:30 everyday, but don't get me wrong, my hair is in a pony, i have no makeup on and you are lucky if I got to rinse off before leaving!  I was pretty embarrassed the other day when I ran into a friend at Babies R Us. I didn't feel too bad, since all of the other moms at Babies R Us looked just like me, but i was still a little bit embarrassed of my appearance!

Sometimes I get up with Justin at 6am so I can shower while he feeds Jackson. He has been the BIGGEST help ever! He gets up in the middle of the night to help me feed him, even though he has to work! WOW, what working husband has done that!!! (not many if you ask Justin)  It just really helps me since I wake up in the  middle of the night to pump. While I pump Justin  feeds him. Otherwise I would be up all night.....Why? because Jackson has decided that he likes to party in the night and sleep in the day. Yes, he is confused. And if you know me, I am not one to party at night....I am a sleeper. Before Jackson, Justin and I would be "lights out" by 9:30 at the absolute latest and would wake up at 6:45. Not for long....Now we are down by 10, up at 2:00 and we are lucky to be back down by 4:00. That's just it, Jackson will sleep great from 9 to 2 but you can forget it after we feed him a 2:00am. He's up for the day!! Except for last night, he slept from 9:30 to 4:15am....YEA!!!! Don't worry, I still woke up at 2 (dang boy has me confused now). I couldn't believe how great I felt today just to get those extra hours of sleep!! Lets pray he does it again tonight.

Yesterday we went to The Woodlands and I dropped Jackson of at grandma/grandpas while I went out a shopped! It was great, I haven't spent that much money in months! If you know me, I wore the same 5 outfits my entire pregnancy. I just didn't want to buy any maternity clothes....Watch out Nordstroms, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic etc....I'm. Back. In. Action

It was weird, I wanted so bad to be there shopping, but I still found myself rushing around because I couldn't wait to get back to see Jackson! He didn't even miss me. He was in grandmas arms when I arrived back. Although, she did say that he cried after I left. I would like to think its because he knew his momma was leaving :)

Tomorrow we are leaving for the lake house. It will be the first time Jackson goes to the lake (pictures to follow). John/Amy, Kathryn/Neale, Mom/Dad and the kids are all coming. Its going to be a house full! We will be sure to gets some pictures of Owen, Makena and Jackson in their UT gear as we watch the game on Saturday. Then we are off to Austin on Sunday for a wedding party/reception for a good family friend. Then its Labor Day on Monday and yes, Makena, Owen and Jackson all have a cute Labor Day outfit. Funny how the holidays mean cute outfits for the kids!!! I'll post later assuming we get a good shot!

Here is a little sweet picture of Jackson this morning. He is one month old today :) I just feel like he looks like such a boy here....hanging out like his daddy!

This is how I found him yesterday in his crib. He is suppose to be up in between that wedge!


and if you are wondering, yes, I'm going back to work. I LOVE my job, all the perks that come with it and would never be able to give it up.....OK, if we won the lottery I would give it up, but for now I love our lifestyle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment