Sunday, February 5, 2012

18 months

How in the world is Jackson 18 months, 1.5 years old and closer to 2 than he is 1?!?!?! As I write this, I'm sad, happy and excited all at the same time! This is the BEST age. He is SO much fun and a complete joy to be around.

The Stats:
28 pounds (77%)
34.75 inches tall (97%)
Head circumference 19 inches (65%)

Here is what he's doing these days (this list is long but I don't want to forget anything):
~Talking up a storm
~Always smiling
~Very ticklish on his feet and upper thigh
~Cutest laugh ever when he gets going
~A great sleeper (7pm-7:45am)
~Wakes up SUPER happy just talking to himself while he waits for me.
~Thinks that every ball is called a basketball. Its so cute to hear him talk.
~Points to every truck and school bus on the road and says "truck" or "school bus" and gets really excited!
~Every day he comes up with new words and will repeat anything that I ask him to.
~Must be in love with a little girl named Abigail at the babysitter. He is ALWAYS talking about her :)
~Loves the wagon (or waggie in his precious voice) and throws an absolute fit if I don't take him on a ride.
~Could spend hours in the garage playing with his wagon, stroller, the broom or daddy's crocs.
~Loves watching the lawn guys from the window. He always points and says the same thing every time he sees them....I just can't figure out what it is he's saying.
~Has a whopping 6 teeth (as of last week)...4 on the top, 2 on the bottom! They are all coming, they are just slow!
~Loves pointing out "boo boos" if he has one or if I have one...he pushed over his wooden chair in the game room and it has a minor scratch on it, so when he sees it, he gets very concerned and shows me that the chair has a "boo boo".
~Wears a 6.5 shoe. (yes, big I know)
~Loves to jump.
~Can run, like legitimately run! He thinks its hilarious when you chase him!
~Won't sit still for the life of him.
~Still doesn't watch TV.
~Getting better on reading books but will only last for about 3 minutes....He just loves to sit down, listen to the first page, then go get another book and repeat! We do this every night for about 6 books.

Here is some proof on just how precious, fun and happy he is!
 Helping dad fix something in the bathroom
 Cheering on the Texans
 Still not a fan of this but he likes to sit on it...he will only go about a foot then he gets scared.
Being silly with Daddy
He could play for hours in the sink :)

1 comment: