Monday, October 15, 2012

1 month old

Really?! Is she already a month old. The past 4 weeks seem like such a blur. I'm getting a good amount of sleep given the circumstances but life with 2 kids NEVER stops! It's so fun even though Jackson is the hard part. The kid never stops....He has more energy than any other 2 year old.

Anyhow, Campbell is SUPER sweet. I don't want to jinx it even though I probably just did but she is so sweet right now. RARELY cries just grunts and groans like nothing I've ever heard. Eats every 3 hours on the dot. Four oz every feeding. I'm pumping exclusively. Getting much more milk this go round than with Jackson. I have a good supply already in the freezer.

We run errands everyday all day! She's a fun little shopper with me. We shop, come home to eat, then leave again! On the eve of her 1 month she slept from 9-5:45am. Justin and I may or may not have slept through her 3am feeding. I heard her cry, I woke Justin up to help me feed her, he said hold on 5 more minutes, and the next thing you know I wake up and it's 5:45am. Didn't seem to phase Campbell!! I'll take that! Hoping for a repeat tonight!

She's a huge blessing to Justin and I. Heck, even Jackson loves her too! He is always concerned with where she is and what's she doing. We are working on being gentle. He just doesn't understand that you can't poke her eyes out every chance you get. He'll get it soon! 

Went to the Dr today for her one month check up and because she has been sick. Diagnosis: RSV. What this means? Restless nights and watching her every move to make sure she's not struggling to breathe or even stops breathing. Dr. said that it could last 3-4 weeks and that she would be surprised if we didn't end up in the ER at some point. That's great to hear!!! Breaks my heart to hear her cough (sounds like she's been a chronic smoker for 25 years).

Here is her stats from her 1 month checkup:
Weight: 9 pounds 14 oz (69%)
Legnth: 21.5 inches (63%)
HC: 14.75 (59%)

Here is the first of 12 months of monthly pictures.
 
 

And because I'm slightly obsessed with comparing Jackson and her (SO similar yet SO completely different)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment