Saturday, November 20, 2010

You know you are a mom when...

You know you are a mom when...
1. You think about your son ALL day long. Seriously, when you wake up, during the day, after you put him to  bed and in your dreams at night! He is all I ever think about!

2. You look forward to going to stores that have parking for “mothers with infants”. I will take advantage of this as long as I can just as I did with the parking for ‘expecting mothers”

3. You find yourself out shopping… but never for yourself. I swear I go to Baby Gap, Gymboree and Janie and Jack at least 3 times a week. I have noticed that the clothes in the stores don’t change out as quick as grown up clothes do. Quite frankly, its sad….i go there so much that half the time the store looks the exact same as last time.

4. You eat faster than you have ever eaten before. It never fails, Jackson wont be fussy all day until I sit down for dinner. I find myself eating as fast as I can to hopefully finish before he starts to fuss!

5. You spend an hour online trying to find Pampers Size 1-2 diapers that have the “wetness indicator”. You don’t believe me, try it! Pampers discontinued the wetness indicator on the size 1-2. If you don’t know what the “wetness indicator” is… then learn! It will be your new favorite diaper. The other day, I ordered some diapers and when they appeared on the door step they magically had the “wetness indicator” on them. The box didn’t even say that it had them! It was the highlight of my day (and Justin’s too….he keeps complaining about the “diapers without the lines”). Its weird what your conversations turn too when you have a baby!

6. You pray while you are pumping…praying that you get enough milk for the next feeding. I use to have an overabundance of milk….All of the sudden its drying up. Makes me sad.

7. And last but not least, you know you are a mom when….
  You think your child is absolutely perfect in every single way and that he is the most beautiful human to ever step foot on this earth! Yes, I truly believe that about Jackson! He is the most beautiful little boy that I have ever laid eyes on…seriously, has longer eye lashes than you and I both and has better skin than any other child I have ever seen! We love you Jackson Barr Todd! You light up our lives.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! I'm so glad you are loving being a mom, I know you are a wonderful mommy to little Jackson! So happy for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Your blog is so cute, I don't know if you remember me, I'm Meredith's sister. I think I last saw you at Liz's baby shower, I was about to pop with our son! Just wanted to let you know that the size 2 pampers sensitve diapers have the wetness indicator, I love that too! And Graham (my son) never gets diaper rash!! Your son is so adorable, and the last one you wrote about you thinking he is the most perfect thing on the planet... oh my gosh I know what you mean, I tell that to my husband all the time :)Hope y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete