Sunday, March 6, 2011

My favorite time of year!

Something about this time of year just screams "lake". I know its way too cold to get in the water but the clear blue sky with temperatures in the 70s just seems perfect to me. Also, the fact that we haven't been to the lake since Labor Day could be part of the problem. We have been bundled up all winter long so we were so excited to get out and get some fresh air at one of my favorite places! We headed to the lake house on Thursday night after feeding Jackson. It was perfect....we fed him got him ready for bed but instead of putting him in his crib we put him in the car seat and took off...He fell asleep before we got out of the neighborhood and didn't wake up until we got there! It worked out beautifully!

On Friday us girls (my mom, sister and me) went out on an adventure to "look" at furniture while the men stayed behind with the kids...."Look" is the key word. I had in the back of my head that I may buy something for the living room but I hadn't decided what. Some of my favorite pieces in our house are made by a manufacturer called Grass Roots and when my mom mentioned that maybe we could go to their storefront I got excited. I must report that I now have my new favorite store in San Antonio. Check it out http://www.armoiresandaccents.com/

Well, to make a long story short, we ended up renting a U-Haul to bring all of the furniture back to Houston! How fun?!?!

After our shopping we went back for lunch then went on the lake! A little chilly but oh so wonderful :) We spent the rest of the weekend eating, swinging, hammocking (is that a word?), golf carting and arguing on who was going to drive the U-Haul trailer back (Neale and Kathryn had the pleasure)

Such a great weekend. I must say that Jackson is a HUGE fan of the hammock and swing. He fell asleep in both. So sweet :) Love him to pieces.


Here he is "meeting" the deer for the first time...They are everywhere!

P.S. If you don't see us all summer, you know where we are! I'm pretty sure we will be there every weekend unless we have a wedding :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend- I need to check out your new favorite store in SA! We plan on being a the lake most weekends too- we should get together some time when we are both up here! Jackson is so adorable- so glad he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete