*there is nothing fun about this update, just documenting how miserable our house has been this week*
Sick is an understatement! Justin went to a birthday party last Saturday with Jackson and came home feeling funny. On Sunday at 6pm it hit him like a ton of bricks...AWFUL! For the second time in 7 years he called in sick to work on Monday!! I was so proud of him for actually staying home and not going in. If it were me I would have called in sick for 3 days because he was SO sick. So the virus lasted exactly 48 hours and by Tuesday at dinner time he was feeling pretty much normal.
On Wednesday morning he was taking Jackson to the babysitter and heard a loud cough in the backseat. Uh oh.....Jackson definitely had thrown up all over the place....It was everywhere. By the time Jackson had got to Jeni's house they said it looked like he had be dipped in the swimming pool. He ate some breakfast and bam, it came right back up. I picked him up and took him to my moms house so I could go back to work. She watched him until Friday. Poor baby couldn't keep anything down. He wouldn't take Pedialite so we did half Gatorade/half water. He would keep that down for hours then randomly it would come back up. Then I would move onto formula. That wouldn't stay down so we were back to Gatorade. This viscous cycle lasted for 4 days. He has lost over two pounds and I am worried sick about him. It hurts so bad to see him throw up. How could so much come out of someone so little? The only upside to all this mess is that he is acting completely normal and being ultra sweet :)
By Friday I was so worried about his weight loss that we took him to the dr. I had been doing everything right and we just needed to wait it out. She told me not to worry about his weight loss just worry about him getting dehydrated. She checked his ears and wouldn't you know that he also has an ear infection. How could my baby that has never been sick be SO sick now?
On Saturday morning, I woke up and headed straight to the bathroom....Ugh, I now have it! I called my mom to tell her that I wish she was taking care of me only to find out that she threw up all Friday night. This virus is spreading too quick. Justin had it, Jackson had it, my mom and now me?! All within 5 days!!!!
I seriously was in bed all day on Saturday. Justin's parents came to get Jackson since I was so sick. I'm praying that he is better. So far he has kept down 8oz today. I'm scared to death to give him solids. The last 3 times we have it all came back up.
We missed so many fun things this weekend. Not only was the weather perfect, but we missed a play date with Piper and Preston, missed Jolie's birthday party and didn't get to go see the Easter bunny yesterday. Makes me sad!
Hoping this week is MUCH better. Justin is leaving to go skiing for a bachelor party and we are heading to the lake for Easter!
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment