Wednesday, April 20, 2011

still sick, but almost better :)

Wow, what a week! Jackson is still recovering from this awful virus. We made a  trip to Texas Children's ER the other day for dehydration. Nothing that a little Zofran and love couldn't fix, but definitely scared the you know what out of me. FYI, the new Texas Children's out here in Katy is officially open! That made me happy and we were impressed. Kinda slow once we got in the room but overall it was a good experience given the circumstances :).

Sometimes I think that I may over react but it was actually my pediatrician that urged us to go to the ER. I mean, I think you would probably take your kid too if he hadn't peed for 20 hours, has been throwing up AND having diarrhea for 6 days straight!?!?Yea that's right...he didn't pee all night up until 3pm the next day.  Don't judge me for waiting this long....He was in good hands and was not acting out of the ordinary, but by the time we got admitted to the ER he was definitely not acting like the Jackson we know :(. Very sleepy, zoned out and calm....all signs of dehydration....all opposite from his normal self. Very sad and scary.

I think we are on the tail end of this virus. He hasn't had diarrhea or thrown up in 10 hours!!! Yipee!!

I'll leave you with some precious pictures that I got yesterday of him. You would never know that this little boy has been so sick! That's the ONLY upside to this whole past week is just how sweet he has been!
"Look at my 2 teeth"
Does anyone else see those 2 bottom teeth! This was his first meal in 6 days...He was excited...It didn't stay down though :(

2 comments:

  1. He looks like such a little sweetheart. So sorry y'all have been so sick!!! So scary about Jackson being dehydrated!! Glad he's on the mend, what a rough week!! :( Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for you guys!! Glad to hear Sweet Jackson is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete